From September 2018 Regis Manor will be running an Afterschool Club provision called 'Regis Manor Toucans' at an additional cost to parents.
The afterschool club will run daily from 3:15 until 6pm, with two different time slots available, and is in addition to the range of clubs that we already offer.
Places can be booked via ParentPay
- This provision aims to provide an affordable child care facility for parents each evening after school
- To provide a safe, welcoming and secure environment for children
- To provide a healthy, nutritious snack for pupils
- To provide a calm environment in which children have access to a range of activities.
- The school will operate a 1:13 staffing ratio for after school club
- All staff hold fully updated DBS and safeguarding checks.
- After school club staff have completed Emergency First Aid training.
There are three ways to book after school club – pre booking a whole or part session and emergency booking the whole session.
- Pre booked sessions cost £10.00 for the whole session or £4 from 3:15-4:30 (booked at least two weeks or preferably a term in advance). If you choose to collect your child during the session the cost remains the same. These sessions will be booked in advance using ParentPay. If you are unsure how to access this please contact the school office.
- Emergency places can be booked at a cost of £13 per session providing we have capacity. Please note that due to staffing requirements we are unable to accept bookings after 3.30pm on the day prior to the booking and are numbers dependent.
Payment, Cancellation and Late Collection
- Payments and bookings must be made in advance via ParentPay.
- All pre-booked sessions will be charged in full unless 1 full week’s notice of non-attendance is given. Refunds will not be made for any sessions your child does not attend that you have not given us notice of.
- All children should be collected no later than 6pm when the club closes. Any children not collected by 6.10pm will incur an additional £5 charge per 15 minutes (this is to cover additional staffing costs). Parents will be billed for any late collections at the end of each term.
- Foundation stage, Y1 & Y2 children will be collected from their classrooms at 3.10pm.
- Children in Y3, 4, 5 & 6 will make their own way to the club direct from their classroom at the end of the school day where they will be registered.
- Children are aware of our Behaviour Policy and they are reminded on a regular basis of behaviour expectations.
- Children will be encouraged to use calming techniques, i.e. they may be asked to withdraw from an activity for a short period of time in order to calm down. Unacceptable behaviour is always discussed with the child in order for them to understand why their behaviour is unacceptable.
- Children’s pattern of behaviour can often change when under stress. Parents should inform the Club Manager of any change of circumstances that could affect a child’s behaviour. This information will be in the strictest confidence.
- It may sometimes be necessary to inform the child’s parent/carer if unacceptable behaviour continues so that a joint approach can be used.
- In exceptional circumstances the offer of a place at the After School Club may be withdrawn.
- The After school Club operates a healthy menu and will provide a light snack each day. If children are staying for the shorter session they recieve fruit or light snack, if they are there for the full session they will have an evening tea.
- Typical foods available during After school Club include: Fruit juice/Water, Toast/Crumpets, Bread/Crackers, Fruit
- Dietary needs and allergies can be catered for if we are given prior notification. All dietary requirements should be discussed with the school
A sample menu of the evening tea is available here.
Activities and Resources
- A varied range of activities can be enjoyed at After School Club. Including organised games, board games, arts and crafts activities, reading, Lego etc.